What is a concept map? Here are some resources to get you started:
- The Theory Underlying Concept Maps and How to Construct and Use Them by Joseph D. Novak
- Learning, Creating, and Using Knowledge: Concept maps as facilitative tools in schools and corporations.
Joseph D. Novak is the originator of Concept Maps. These are two original source documents and well worth a look.
- How learning works, by Susan A. Ambrose
Page 228 has a good explanation about concept maps.
- Concept map on Wikipedia
See especially the difference between a concept map and other visualizations, namely mind maps and topic maps.
- Concept Mapping in the Classroom
The rationale for their use, links to samples and a list of tools to use.
- Introduction to Concept Mapping
- What is a Concept Map?
- Concept Maps on Google
- An example of a concept map on Flickr